Have you ever asked your body what would it like to eat ? Most of the time it would be different from what your mind wants to eat !
A recipe listed here is from the Vedas. It is essentially the same with some minor changes. Just imagine you will be eating a dish which people ate 5000 years ago.
This is a wholesome diet in keeping with advise in the scriptures regarding nuts, grains, fruits and vegetables (NGFV) to be the staple diet for a human being.
Dairy Products, Animal flesh, birds and fish are not on the prefered list of longevity foods. Light Diary like 0% Fat Yoghourt and Skim Milk can be used for source of protiens.
As the body grows in years the digestive system gets weaker so the food habits have to get simpler to the consumption of Nuts, Grains, Fruits and Vegetables.
The watch word is to eat Whole Foods which are minimally cooked. No processed foods, no added sugar, no added salt, no animal fats. There is enough nutirents in the NGFV family to sustain you and more.
The Recipe: Makes two Portions
- In one cup (Let us say the Grain Cup) measure 1/2 Moong Dal (Split - The whole Moong Beans is split in two portions)
- The balance 1/4 fill with Quinoa or Spilt Peas (My Variation)
- The remaining 1/4 fill with Basmati Rice.
- (Rinse all above in Cold water and drain)
- In another empty cup (Let us say the Spice Cup)-
- 2 Table Spoons of Cumin Seeds
- 1 Table Spoon of Fenugreek Seeds,
- 1 Table spoon of Kalonji Seeds
- 1/2 Table spoon of Cayenne Pepper. (not the hot Chili Powder)
- 1 Inch Grated Fresh Ginger
- 2 Table spoons of Grated Garlic. (10 cloves of Garlic chopped)
- 1/2 Table Spoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Keep Two Tables spoons of Olive Oil Ready. ( My Variation - the Vedic Recipr calls for Ghee- Clarified Butter)
- Two Handful of frozen vegetable mix (My Variation)
SALT to Taste......You will get used to it without SALT!
Place a 8 inch crock pot (with a lid) on the flame and introduce the olive oil.
Now things happen rapidly from now on.
Introduce the entire content of the Spice Cup in hot oil.
On crackling of the seeds Introduce the entire content of the Grain Cup.
Keep moving the ingredients and introduce 3 and 1/4 cup of Water.
Now introduce the Frozen Vegetables (Broccali, carrots, French Beans, Pea Pods, Mushrooms...what ever is in the frozen vegetable packet. Can subsitute
with fresh vegetable if you desire)
Now on the start of the boil ( it should have taken no more than 5/7 minutes from the time you started with the pot on the fire) place the lid on the crock pot, bring the flame to low and put the timer for 35 minutes. Do not open the lid till the timer is done.
When you come back you better be hungry. The best way to eat it is garnished with Plain 0% Fat Yoghourt and some spicy pickles.
This will provide you with a wholesome Grains, Legumes, Vegetables and Cleansing Spices. (For better effect you can grind the Spice Cup's dry contents to a powder.)
If you make the dish kindly leave a comment and the variations you did to the dish and how it came out.
Here are some benefits of all that goes in our spice cup.
Listed here some of fenugreek's primary health benefits.
- Fasting Blood sugar levels significant reduction.
- Healthy cholesterol and triglycerides reduced.
- Sexual health - Fenugreek has long been understood to increase libido.
- Digestion - Fenugreek causes a protective coating on the lining of the stomach and intestine, reducing gastric inflammation, reflux and heartburn.
- Skin inflammation - Effective treatment for skin problems such as abscesses, boils, burns, eczema and gout.
- Eases childbirth and boosts milk production in nursing mothers.
- Relieves fever and eases flu symptoms.
- Eases menopause symptoms
- May help prevent cancer - as an antioxidant and free radical cleanser.
- Rich fiber content make it useful in treating constipation, and as a preventive against cardiovascular disease.
Because it is a food substance, fenugreek may be safely consumed in moderate amounts, either added to food, or in the form of supplements.
This is a miracle potion which cures most disease afflicting Humans except death.
- Very High in Nutritional Value
- Immune System Strengthening
- Anti Histaimine Activity
- Anti Bacterial
- Anti Inflammatory
- Fights Cancer.
- Promotes Lactation in new Mothers.
This is a dried seed of Cuminum Cyminum, a member of the parsely family.
Some benefits are listed.
Some benefits are listed.
- Aids digestion.
- Excellent food for ensuring good colon health and prevention of piles.
- Relief from Insomnia. (cannot sleep)
- Respiratory Disorders like Asthma and Bronchitis.
- High in Vitamin C helps with the common Cold.
- Improves Lactation in Young Mothers.
- High in Irom excellent for Anemia.
- Has disinfectant and anti Fungal properties help with skin disorders.
- Removes toxins from body - less boils and pimples.
- General improvement of the immune system.
- Anti Carcinogenic Properties in the Intestines and colon.
- Improves memory and increases concentration.
This is powdered Cayenne Pepper which is milder than pure chilli power avaiable.
Many benefits include:
- Anti Irritant Properties.
- Anti Cold and Flu AgentAnti Fungal Properties.
- Anti Bacterial
- Anti Allergen
- Anti Infammatory Properties.
- Migraine Headache prevention.
- Joint Pain Reliever
- Digestive Aid
- Improves Saliva production.
- Treatment and prevention of Blood Clots
- Help detoxification.
- Improves Heart Health
- Topical paste for snale bites, inflammations .
It has an immense interal healing properties. Taken daily in your food can help with these benefits.
- Anti Cancer
- Help in delaying the onset of Alzhiemer Disease
- General Sugar Control in Diabetic cases
- Alleviation of Allergies
- Reduction of Artheritic Symptoms.
- General Anti Septic properties when ingested.
All these spices are not pills where you see the results right away, the effects are gradual if consistently taken.
If you have any question do contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org